From: "Reef Turner" <reef@...>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2020 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA 2019.3

Reef from NV Access here. NVDA 2019.3 will not be renamed to 2020.1

Nikita, to address your concerns. Addons do not need to update their
compatibility flags until an API breaking change is introduced into NVDA.
This will not happen every release. When it does happen the
'addonApiVersion.py' will be updated.
The oldest API version still supported can be checked by looking at
'BACK_COMPAT_TO' value in the addonAPIVersion.py file
(https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/addonAPIVersion.py)

At the moment this value is 2019.3 (due to Python 3 upgrade and Speech
refactor), currently we plan to delay any compatibility breaking changes.
Hopefully in the future further granularity can be introduced into the API
versioning system so that addons that do not touch changed areas of NVDA do
not need to be updated.