Re: About speechHistory add-on

Nikola Jovic

Hello. Thanks for your work. I'm facing a small issue with this addon
under python 3 releases of NVDA which can be noticed if you try to
copy any text from a GUI. For example, if you copy the keyboard combo
box in the NVDA keyboard settings dialog, the output looks like this:
Keyboard layout:combo boxlaptopcollapsedAlt+k. Normally there should
of course be a space between the control label and it's role. Under
2019.2.1 for example, this same output looks like this: Keyboard
layout: combo box desktop collapsed Alt+k

On 12/25/19, Abdel <abdelkrim.bensaid@...> wrote:
Hi James, Joseph and all,

@James:

Don't worry, we're here to help each other.

If you allow me, I could help you make the speechHistory add-on
compatible nvda-2019.3, there is not much to do.

You just have to add the import of the sys module and modify line 35 as
follows:

    text = u''.join([x for x in sequence if isinstance(x, basestring)])

    text = u''.join([x for x in sequence if isinstance(x,
basestring)]) if sys.version_info.major == 2 else u''.join([x for x in
sequence if isinstance(x, str)])

The basestring type doesn't exist with Python 3.

It will also be necessary to define minimumNVDAVersion in the manifest
file and set lastTestedNVDAVersion to 2019.3.0.

Optionally, it will also be preferable to define tab as indentation,
Joseph and Noelia have always advised me to do it.

For the documentation of the add-on, it is absent, it would be necessary
to take that appearing on the community website.

The local folder is also missing, it should be added, in order to add
the documentation of the used scripts to translate.

I think I have forgotten nothing, do not hesitate to tell me if
something is missing.

Download link of the version tested with nvda-2019.3beta1, I have not
yet added the local folder, nor the documentation:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/speechHistory.nvda-addon

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.