Fra: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> På vegne af James Scholes
Sendt: 14. december 2019 17:38
Til: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Emne: Re: [nvda-addons] Add-on Input Lock when NVDA Keyboard Help is enabled

This is a difficult one. I understand why it would be helpful, but at the same time the expectation is that with keyboard help mode on, NVDA commands will not carry out their intended function.

On 14/12/2019 at 7:28 am, Daniel Gartmann wrote:
Hello,

I am using the Input Lock add-on with a user who is learning to
touch-type. The idea is to block the touch pad from moving the cursor
or mouse pointer.

Now, when NVDA's keyboard help is enabled, I notice the track pad does
move the mouse pointer, hence my question:

Is it possible to have Input Lock blocking the mouse when keyboard
help Is enabled? This would really be of benefit to a new user who
needs to explore the keyboard without the fear of doing something
wrong on the keyboard or in other ways.

Thanks for this great add-on.

Daniel