Re: Beginner to addon development

derek riemer

Should we just package those with the addon template?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:14 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, hmelias09@... wrote:

> My name is Hector Elias, and I have began reading the NVDA addon development guide. I have a simple question regarding this manual. Under the section of
> “Setting up your development environment” where it is talking about the gettext software, I find the following line:
>
> ◦ Once downloaded, copy both exe files to your add-on development folder. See the next section for a description of the add-on folder structure.

Sorry, I thought I had clarified that section.

The two files you need are:

msgfmt.exe
xgettext.exe

In order to stop carrying these files in repos, or having to exempt them, and
since I discontinued my own build environment and started using Appveyor, I have
a gist for those files, and you are welcome to use that directly or download
them as you see fit.

https://gist.github.com/XLTechie/f0ebdfefef3e5df88b289434ae07370b/raw/bb79b4d989a8245347afdddda0f59f26f1af7279/gettextFiles.zip

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.