Re: Addon for Sonos Desktop V1.5 released

Abdel

Hi Ralf, James and all,

It is certain that the hierarchy of objects can vary from one version to another of a software.

I already encountered this problem with mp3DirectCut, for example.

But there are also situations where the ControlID will vary from one version of a software to another, it is the case for the Poedit software and without doubt, many others.

So, it's always very important to check the position, name, and references of the different objects at each version change of a software, and update our NVDA add-ons accordingly.

@Ralf:

You wrote:

Since I can't get the control by classname and controlID, is there a better way to get it by UIA?

According to the information you have given us about the mute button, yes, you have the UIA automationID which is unique for the mute button.

Here is a test to perform in the NVDA Python console after positioning the focus on the window containing this object.

import UIAHandler
client object = UIAHandler.handler.clientObject

condition = clientObject.CreatePropertyCondition(UIAHandler.UIA_AutomationIdPropertyId, 'muteButton')
mainElement = clientObject.ElementFromHandleBuildCache(fg.windowHandle, UIAHandler.handler.baseCacheRequest)
muteObject = mainElement.FindFirstBuildCache(UIAHandler.TreeScope_Descendants, condition, UIAHandler.handler.baseCacheRequest)

After the imports, the first statement creates the condition to find the Mute button according to its UIA automationID.

Then we point to the UIA main object find through the handle of the foreground window (fg.windowHandle).

Next, we browse all descending UIA objects to find the object representing the muteButton.

The muteObject variable should then point to this object.

If you type:

muteObject.CurrentAutomationID

You should be informed that this is the muteButton.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/10/2019 à 11:42, Ralf Kefferpuetz a écrit :
You wont get it to run, you need at least one wireless Sonos speaker to install it.
Your suggestion would work as well, thanks for that.
Here is the developer info for the Mute button as an example. Since I can't get the control by classname and controlID, is there a better way to get it by UIA?
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'B\xfcro Ralf Mute'
role: ROLE_TOGGLEBUTTON
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA object at 0x053231B0>
location: RectLTWH(left=265, top=218, width=34, height=34)
value: None
appModule: <'sonos' (appName u'sonos', process ID 11636) at address 5323370>
appModule.productName: u' Sonos Desktop Controller'
appModule.productVersion: u'6, 0, 0, 34230'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 68456
windowClassName: u'HwndWrapper[WpfDomain;;b9afaecb-dbb7-4aeb-8905-7d8494db734d]'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 382664704
extendedWindowStyle: 262400
windowThreadID: 16880
windowText: u'Sonos'
displayText: u''
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x82e7cc0 at 5176620>
UIA automationID: muteButton
UIA frameworkID: WPF
UIA runtimeID: (7, 11636, 66317337)
UIA providerDescription: [pid:11636,providerId:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider (managed:MS.Internal.Automation.ElementProxy, PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)]
UIA className: Button
UIA patterns available: LegacyIAccessiblePattern, SynchronizedInputPattern, TogglePattern